GWC Workshop 6 Recap
From GWC to Cultural Transformation: Creating Lasting Change in Your Organization
Thank you to our presenters, our hosts at YWCA, and all of the attendees for another successful GWC workshop. This workshop demonstrated how to transform organizational culture into one that embraces sustainabiliyt. Dr. Julie Downs shared how cues in our workplace can change our behavior in lasting ways. David Lassman presented John Kotter's 8 steps to organizational transformation and engaged attendees with real-life scenarios for each step. Finally, our GWC participants shared how the GWC has helped facilitate change in their organization, and discussed their plans for even greater impacts.
Much appreciation to our featured speakers for sharing their expertise and experiences!
- Julie Downs, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Social and Decision Sciences, Dietrich College at Carnegie Mellon University
- Kathy Hrabovsky, Sustainability Manager, Allegheny County
- David Lassman, Distinguished Service Professor of Organizational Management, Heinz College at Carnegie Mellon University
- JoAnn Rizzo, ECO-Chair, Associate, AE Works
- Jennifer Stockdale, Local Marketing Specialist, IKEA Pittsburgh
- Sara Thompson, Principal, Pashek+MTR
Keep an eye on our schedule of workshops for updates on upcoming workshop topics!